Over the years, the Christian publishing industry has grown immensely and amassed a lot of readers that stay faithful to the genre. In recent times, the Christian film industry has done the same. But I believe there’s more to be accomplished on both sides. What if both worlds came together in a formidable handshake that would grow both industries to greater heights, glorifying God, and advancing the gospel more than ever before! The secular world has accomplished much this way, turning bestselling books into blockbuster movies—and we can do the same (this can be seen with Randall Wallace’s Heaven Is For Real)!
Who can join?
As an avid and professional reader and film critic, I can tell which book stories will make great screenplay. I invite you to subscribe to the book-to-movie quarterly list where I’ll let you know the books out there that you can turn into successful movies. This way, the Christian publishing and film industries will accomplish far more than either would on their own.
What you should know:
This list is tailored for filmmakers/screenwriters, Christian and non-Christian, who are interested in making Christian and/or Bible-inspired films. However, authors, publishers, editors, and agents are welcome to subscribe. No harm in wanting to know whether your book or client's book made it to the lists.
Gold Star List (Movie Worthy, MW)
- Subscribing to this list does NOT in any way oblige a filmmaker to select a book and make it into a movie. The choice to, or not to do so, is one hundred percent a filmmaker's prerogative.
- The inclusion of a book in a quarterly list is NOT a promise to the author/publisher that the said book will be picked up by a film company. This list simply alerts filmmakers to books that will make great screenplays.
- A list will only be published if there’s at least one book found worthy to be put on the list. If there isn’t, no list will be published until the next quarter.
- Being that a list will be published four times a year, each subsequent list will contain a summary of the other books listed in the previous quarters for that year.
- This campaign started in 2015. If your book was reviewed before then on TBAP, you can request a reassessment to include a movie rating that will help decide if it should be included on any of the lists. If your book or client's book was published before 2015, but not reviewed on TBAP, you can make a request for a review/movie rating. If it is found "worthy," it will be published in the next list.
- Selected books will be published with an official TBAP quote and cataloged in two categories:
A gold star award means a book will undoubtedly make a great screenplay. This is the kind that plays like a movie in a reader’s mind. It is the ultimate star award.
Orange Star List (Probably Worthy, PW)
This means that the book's story has great potential in becoming a wonderful screenplay. A few tweaks are all the story needs to become gold. This is a good thing as a lot of filmmakers and screenwriters love the flexibility of changing a story for the better.
All That's Asked
If you decide to pick a book from any list to make into a film/screenplay, kindly inform the editor. Publishers/authors learning that their books published on this list caught the eye of a filmmaker/screenwriter, helps grow this campaign. Thank you for your understanding!
I'm not paid by publishers/authors for my reviews/movie rating, neither am I compensated by filmmakers/screenwriters when a book is selected from a list. All opinions published on this list are mine and unbiased. Also, I will NOT be held responsible if any book made into film is not a success. While I may pick the stories, I will NOT share in any risk involved in the film production/post-production. Thank you for your understanding.
About the Editor
Miranda A. Uyeh is the founder and editor of To Be A Person (TBAP), the author of Christian Romance/Suspense fiction, To Die Once: Child of Grace #1, a Mogul Global Ambassador, and a copywriter. She was a one-time shortlisted judge for the Inspy Awards, in 2014, in the Contemporary Romance & Romance/Suspense category. In September, 2016, Miranda was honored to be one of 500 book reviewers across the world invited to help launch Tim Tebow’s new release, Shaken.
When Miranda isn’t reviewing and supporting Christian & inspirational books/film/music or hosting interviews on TBAP, she’s writing, reading for fun or relaxing with a good movie! When she gets bored with the world, she talks to God about it! *wink*
You can connect with Miranda via TBAP, twitter or facebook.
Join other filmmakers/screenwriters. Subscribe now!
* indicates required